How To Use
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Heat enough water to submerge the bite guard to about 140ºF (60ºC) – (hot, but not boiling). Immerse the bite guard until the material becomes soft and pliable. Once it turns clear it is ready for fitting. Lift the material from the water with a fork.
- Hold the soft material as shown in the picture. DO NOT LET IT FOLD ONTO ITSELF!
- With the aid of a mirror, position the material so that the solid area (the area without the holes) is against the chewing surfaces of your upper teeth. Make sure most of the material is on the forward facing side of your teeth. Then, bite down gently and press your tongue against the material to hold it in place. Do not overstretch the material when it is soft.
- Gently mold the bite guard against the front of your teeth with your fingertips to the gum line.
- Close your lips over the bite guard and gently create suction to ensure a snug fit. Then, wait 5 minutes for the material to fully harden before removing the bite guard.
- To remove the bite guard, grasp the top front edge with fingertips of both hands and pull down to release.
- Not for use by persons under the age of 12.
- If you wear braces, you must have the bite guard fitted by your orthodontist or dentist. DO NOT TRY TO FIT IT ON YOUR OWN.
- Do not use an improperly fitted bite guard. Improper use may cause health risks or decrease the effectiveness of the protective properties of the bite guard.
- Do not overstretch the material when it is soft. This may thin out the material and decrease the strength of the bite guard.
- To avoid situations where inhalation or swallowing of the bite guard can occur, make sure the bite guard has a snug, secure fit.
- Do not use if you have artificial dentures, loose teeth, loose fillings, loose caps, cavities without fillings, sores in your mouth or bleeding gums.
- Do not expose the bite guard to temperatures exceeding 150ºF (65ºC) or to open flames. Keep protected from hot environments, such as a hot dashboard in a car.
- Be careful if you use nail polish or artificial nails, as the bite guard material can stick to these surfaces while fitting.
- Do not expose to teeth bleaching agents. Do not let bite guard come in contact with mouthwash containing alcohol or tooth whitening agents.
- If you experience pain or discomfort, consult your dentist before continuing use.
- Do not use the LunaGuard™ as an athletic mouth guard.